Get trained. Get certified. It’s essentiALZ®.
Download or Print a Brochure
Do you provide care for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s? The Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ® certification program is a convenient way for individuals to be recognized for learning quality dementia care practices. The essentiALZ program combines select HealthCare Interactive CARES® online dementia care training with Alzheimer’s Association certification exams.
EssentiALZ certification is ideal for family members as well as staff at nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospice, home health organizations, adult day programs, governmental and social service agencies, and police, fire, and other first responders.
For a complete list of our professional pricing options, view and print our CARES, essentiALZ, and essentiALZ Plus professional training and certification pricing list.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in the essentiALZ certification program.
- Complete CARES® Dementia Basics™ and pass the essentiALZ exam to get certified. This is the prerequisite for getting access to all essentiALZ Plus certification exams.
- Print your training completion and certification document and be recognized for your knowledge.
- Renew your essentiALZ certification every 2 years to remain current and eligible for essentiALZ Plus certifications.
Complete additional CARES training programs and essentiALZ Plus certifications as desired or required.
The following CARES online dementia care training programs offer eligibility for Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ certification as noted:
- CARES® Dementia Basics™ essentiALZ certification*
- CARES® Dementia Advanced Care™ essentiALZ Plus certification**
- CARES® Dementia-Related Behavior™ essentiALZ Plus certification**
- CARES® Activities of Daily Living™ essentiALZ Plus certification**
*CARES Dementia Basics and essentiALZ certification is the prerequisite for any of the essentiALZ Plus certifications.
**If you purchase CARES Dementia Basics that is bundled with another program, you must finish CARES Basics and obtain essentiALZ certification in order to access the essentiALZ Plus certification exam.
When you purchase these programs, you will receive access to free downloadable worksheets. These are an excellent way for you or your staff members to take learning to the next level. And, the worksheets (and any notes you take) can be used during your Alzheimer's Association essentiALZ and essentiALZ Plus certification exams. When you purchase, directions for downloading the worksheets will be e-mailed to you with your receipt.
Communication Guidelines for Organizations
Once your staff members get certified in Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ, what can you say in newsletters, press releases, and within your building? Read the communication guidelines at www.hcinteractive.com/essentiALZguidelines
for the Alzheimer’s Association official policy.
How do I print or reprint my essentiALZ® certificate?
Have you already taken and passed a certification exam? To print or reprint an essentiALZ certificate, just go to training.alz.org/help
and click on the Print a Certificate button for instructions.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about the CARES online dementia care training programs, please contact HealthCare Interactive
If you have any questions about the essentiALZ certification program, please contact the