Alzheimer's Association essentiALZ® Certification Program
Get trained. Get certified. It's essentiALZ®.
HealthCare Interactive's CARES® Dementia Basics™ Online Training Program
qualifies providers to purchase Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ® certification exams.
Developed for professional care providers of individuals living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ® is an online, individual certification program that provides recognition for knowledge of quality dementia care practices.
The essentiALZ exam tests understanding of evidence-based dementia care practices that are outlined in the nationally recognized Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
Participants become essentiALZ-certified by completing approved dementia care training and passing the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ online certification exam, which focuses on basic dementia care practices. Become essentiALZ-certified by completing the CARES Dementia Basics online dementia trainings program.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in the essentiALZ certification program.
- Take CARES Dementia Basics and complete the program.
- Get an "enrollment code" from your supervisor or administrator.
- Pass the essentiALZ exam with 90% or higher.
- Print your training completion and certification documents and be recognized for your knowledge.
- Renew your essentiALZ certification every 2 years to remain current.
Purchase essentiALZ Exams
If you are a provider and your staff members have completed CARES®
, you can purchase essentiALZ certification exams at:
EssentiALZ Questions/Technical Support?
For questions or technical support, please complete a Contact Us form at: