Alzheimer's Association essentiALZ® Certification Instructions
Congratulations on completing your CARES®
online training program. You are now eligible for certification in Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ or essentiALZ Plus.
Note: if you are seeking certification in essentiALZ Plus, you need to be currently certified in essentiALZ. Your essentiALZ expiration date is on your final certificate.
Step 1: Go to www.alz.org/essentiALZexam
Step 2: Choose "Existing User."
Step 3: Enter your e-mail address where it asks for "User Name."
- You are an "existing user" because you were automatically pre-registered into the Alzheimer's Association system when you completed this CARES program.
Step 4: Enter your password.
- Please use the same e-mail address you used when you first logged into CARES.
- If this is your first essentiALZ exam, click the "Create or Reset Your Password" link to create your password.
- If you have previously taken an essentiALZ exam and remember your password, please login.
Step 5: Click on the "My Trainings" link on the top blue bar.
Step 6: Select the appropriate essentiALZ exam.
Step 7: Complete and pass the exam with 90% or higher.
- If you forgot your password, click the "Create or Reset Your Password" link to reset your password.
- You will be sent a link to set your new password via e-mail. If you don't see the e-mail within a few minutes, check your "Spam" or "Junk" folder. Follow the directions to set or reset your password.
- Please write down your user name (e-mail address) and password for future use.
Step 8: Print your certificate. Be recognized.
- You may use your notes and any CARES® worksheets while taking the exam.
Questions/technical support about your essentiALZ exam?